November is about Men's Health
November is all about Men’s Health. It is Movember for the month of November and this movement focuses on the following objectives:
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- Globally, we lose a man to suicide every minute of every day.
- Prostate Cancer
- This is the most common cause of cancer in men over 45.
- Testicular Cancer
- This cancer is the number 1 cancer in young men.
To find out more how you can get involved with Movember visit their site https://uk.movember.com/
International Men's Day is on the 19th November
The 6 Pillars of International Men’s Day
- To promote positive male role models;
- not just movie stars and sports men but every day, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society,
- community, family, marriage, childcare, and to the environment.
- To focus on men’s health and wellbeing;
- social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- To highlight discrimination against men;
- in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
- To create a safer, better world;
- where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
To find out more about International Men’s day visit https://internationalmensday.com/
Men are generally not very good at talking about things and often due to their upbringing they find it hard to discuss personal matters, grief and stress and feel that they should be able to cope. Over the past few years, I have been treating many more men and it is refreshing to see this pattern begin to change. There is still a long way to go. To find out more about Men’s Health please visit https://www.abalancedbodywithbowen.co.uk/mens-health/