Gardening Awareness Week.
Gardening Awareness Week is from May 1st to May 7th. I love gardening, there is something special about planting something, tending to it and watching it bloom. It is one of my happy places. There is however much research out there showing how good gardening is for your health.
How does gardening help our well-being?
- Promotes social relationships.
- Promotes family relationships.
- Helps with emotional and mental well-being.
- Moderates stress.
- Reduces anxiety and depression.
- Reduction in anger
- Sense of achievement.
- Reduction in fatigue.
- Improves cognitive and educational outcomes in children and adolescents.
- Delays dementia symptoms.
If (like me) you overdo the gardening, then I suggest you have an epsom salt bath or again like me have a Bowen treatment,
To read more about how gardening can help us please visit https://www.bps.org.uk/psychologist/cultivating-wellbeing-and-mental-health-through-gardening